How do you replace the irreplaceable? A success story based on a second pair of eyes.
When you lose a key employee, how do you guarantee success in replacing them? Well, the short answer is to make sure you have a solid job description and defined expectations, baselines, and goals. So in order to replace the Digital Marketing manager, Tool Authority wanted to make sure they understood what success looked like for their pay-per-click campaigns. Were the campaigns optimized? What was the ROI? Were they spending too much? Too Little? In general, how could success be defined?
What Happened Next
ImageWorks was contacted to perform a full audit and review of the existing paid search account. Campaigns were reviewed and a competitive analysis was performed. Success goals were defined, and a timeline with specific next steps were outlined. When the results came in, a report was generated with suggestions and options, and Tool Authority asked what it would take to have ImageWorks to take over the management of the Paid Search account. This led to:
- A restructuring of the campaigns
- Added Revenue Tracking to enhance e-commerce tracking
- Reduced catalog size to focus on top selling manufacturers
- Added a bidding algorithm to optimize real time bidding
- Matched paid and organic sales to identify optimal audiences
- Ongoing metric reviews
An immediate increase in generation of Web based orders which led to: *first 90 day numbers
- An increased return on Ad spend by 200-300%
- A 60% reduction in cost per click
- A significant increase in click through rate
- A decrease in overall ad spend (Yes! More orders for less $$)
- A 32% increase in number of orders.